1. It’s one of the most popular treatments in the UK
Last year, 2,134 people underwent face lift surgery in the UK. The number of women who opted for this treatment rose by 9% according to the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.
2. Face lift surgery doesn’t have to result in drastic change
Your facelift can result in subtle changes, so you simply look a better version of yourself. The aim is for people to say how well you look, not ask you when you had a face lift!
3. It takes around three hours of surgery
But as long as we are happy that your recovery is going well you should be able to return home the next day.
4. Your face will be covered with dressings for up to 2 weeks
But it will remain swollen and bruised for up to 6 weeks. You should be fully recovered within three months
5. You won’t be able to see the stitches
They will be hidden behind the ears or within the hairline. They will be barely noticeable from the start, and will gradually fade over time.
6. All surgery carries risk
Complications can occur during any type of surgery so it’s important that your face lift is performed at a specialist practice with experienced surgeons to minimise the chances of anything going wrong.
7. A face lift in the UK costs in the region of £8,000+
Be wary of anyone offering cheaper treatment and don’t be tempted to go abroad, it’s harder to compare treatment quality and compliance criteria, there are usually language barriers and it’s more difficult to attend follow-up appointments or resolve any after-care issues.
8. You should choose a surgeon you’re comfortable with
Don’t be afraid to ask your surgeon how many years they have been practicing and how many face lifts they have carried out. Do you feel comfortable and confident with your surgeon?
9. There are different types of face lift surgery
You can opt for a mini face lift, a combined face and neck lift or an extended face lift. The right option will depend on the results you want to achieve.
10. Face lift surgery works best for people whose skin still has some elasticity
It’s good for people whose face and neck have begun to sag but whose skin still has some elasticity.